Monday, January 28, 2013

Japan

Sometimes I think about Japan.

And when I do it's like a film I
need to get around to seeing.

Even though tickets are fifteen
hundred dollars instead of eight
fifty.

And there are no subtitles or
rental stores that will have it
in three months because the
Projectionist inserted the reel
three thousand years ago
and doesn't care that I’m missing it.

So sometimes I go to the internet

and look up pictures of Japan.
walk under scarlet pagodas
feel the warmth of secluded onsen
converse with statues of mysterious pasts and
for a moment stop worrying so much about
movies and subtitles.


1 comment:

  1. Stop it. Just stop being so good at writing. Its making me mad. And by mad I mean super happy but also super jealous. Ya I am going to comment on every blog post. Deal with it.

    ReplyDelete